Friday, October 8, 2010

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends...

Day 2- Friday, October 8. Today was a day that I was reminded of the richness I have in friends. I consider myself one that embraces the relationships in life full force. I love to be with others. I love to share and learn and grow with the girlfriends that God has given me. Today was one of those days where I felt "rich" with friendship. There were many "God moments" to remind me of this.
The kids had the day off of school so we spent a good portion of the day at Victoria Gardens. The playground at the food court must have been on the agenda for most of the community. We saw many familiar faces and I was able to catch up with one family in particular from my childhood that I have reconnected with over the past month. It was great to talk with the daughter and her mom and see the relationship that they had. I was then able to have lunch with another friend and her younger daughter. They have hearts of love for others that blow me away!! Her 11 year old showed my kids once again what it means to love and care for others. I am grateful!
I then ran in to my own mom and could not help but think that God had brought the whole day together for such a moment. The previous conversations and interactions with the other moms/daughters made me realize once again that my mom gives of herself to myself and my family unselfishly and I fail to thank her so often. Thank you mom for showing me what it means to love and care for your kids. You are amazing, and I see God's goodness through you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment