Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Little Man


Saturday, October 9- Today I was able to spend the day with my sister and her family in Oceanside. I took great delight in watching our kids love each other. The relationship that they have with their cousins is one that many do not have. We were able to go down onto the beach and enjoy a GORGEOUS October day!!
My God moment happened as I sat down to eat with my kids. I had ordered 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken nuggets. They messed up the order and gave us 2 chicken patties with cheese, no bun included. I told the kids that they could have the nuggets and I would have the chicken which was supposed to be grilled cheese for them. Carter refused to eat the nuggets, insisting that he was ok to have the chicken. I knew that he did not like the chicken but as is common with my oldest, he is ALWAYS on the lookout for others. At 8 years old, he consistently gives up his time and desires for what will make others happy. This time it was for his mommy. His teacher wrote him a note this year when he received Student of the Month that reinforced this point. I love my Carter. I am grateful beyond words for his eyes that see people and love them. I often become frustrated with his eight year old boy ways, and this simple act reminded me that I have a son who is a treasure, and points me to God so often! Love you Little Man

No comments:

Post a Comment